Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DANIEL BOWDEN TO LEAVE CRUSADERS.

Crusaders first five-eighth Daniel Bowden is to join London Irish after this year's Super 14 rugby competition.

Selected by the Crusaders on the draft to be Dan Carter's understudy this season, Bowden has signed a two-year contract with London Irish, the English premiership club said today.
The 23-year-old Aucklander made his Super 14 debut for the Highlanders in 2008.

A New Zealand age group representative, Bowden said he expected he would need to change his playing style in Britain when he joined fellow New Zealanders Clarke Dermody and Seilala Mapusua at London Irish.

"Playing in the premiership and Heineken Cup will be a new challenge and I expect that I will have some adjustments to make to my playing style," he told the club's website.
"I've watched Irish play over recent seasons and I feel it is a team and style of rugby that I'm looking forward to being a part of."

London Irish head coach Toby Booth rated Bowden highly.
"We are confident that he will have an instant impact at the club, his positional versatility is attractive and being a renowned goalkicker is an additional bonus."

No comments:

Post a Comment